PRAMERICA IRELAND SPIRIT OF COMMUNITY AWARDS
This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with the website, http://spirit.pramerica.ie/(the ‘Website’).
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about how we treat your personal information and to explain how your personal information is processed when you use our Website. As a result, you will be able to provide consent to the processing of your personal information in a free and informed way in the sections of the Website in which you are asked to provide personal information. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
This Website is operated by Pramerica Systems Ireland Limited, a company incorporated and registered in Ireland with company registration number 319900 with its registered office at 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Pramerica Ireland”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Please use the contact information provided at the end of this statement if you have any queries regarding this statement and your personal information we may hold.
We fully respect your right to privacy and will not collect personal information about you on this Website without your permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be treated with high standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (‘DPA’).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide us by filling in forms on our Website. This includes the information you give us when creating a user account and the information you input when completing the Spirit of Community Application Form. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify you.
- We may use third-party web analytics on the Website, such as Webtrends. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users’ use of the Website.
- to operate and publicise the Spirit of Community Awards, including disclosure to panel judges who may not be employees of Pramerica Ireland;
If you volunteer your details to us, we may use the details you have given us, together with details of how you use our Website as follows:
- to process and assess your Spirit of Community Awards application;
- to publicise finalists of the Spirit of Community Awards, Youth Volunteers of the Year, and All Ireland Youth Volunteers of the Year;
- to respond to your queries and requests, and to communicate with you regarding the Spirit of Community Awards;
- to manage and improve our services and the Website;
- allow you access to certain features of the Website and your user account with us if you have registered one via our Website;
- to notify you of changes to our services, the Website, our Privacy Statement and/or any of our other published notices and terms and conditions;
- to provide you with informational newsletters;
- if applicable, to facilitate your participation in surveys you may wish to partake;
- to understand statistical data about user browsing actions and patterns, which does not personally identify you;
Please note we do not use your personal data for targeted advertising or behavioural advertising.
Spirit of Community Awards – Referees and other persons
The Volunteer Activity Reference section of the Spirit of Community Awards application form asks you to give details (name; email and telephone number) of a referee from your volunteering organisation/activity who can be contacted if your application is shortlisted as a finalist for national judging. We will use the referee’s information you provide us for this purpose only. By giving us this information you confirm you have received the referee’s consent to do so for the purpose of our and third party panel judges considering and judging your application.
If in your application you identify any other person we and third party panel judges will use this information to consider and judge your application and to otherwise operate and publicise the Spirit of Community Awards. By giving us this information you confirm you have received the relevant person’s prior consent for these purposes.
Spirit of Community Awards – Publicity
If your application is shortlisted as a finalist for national judging, or you are chosen as a Youth Volunteer of the Year, or an All Ireland Youth Volunteer, we may use the information you give us through the Website and through our other interactions:
- to operate and publicise the Spirit of Community Awards;
- to announce and publicise your [name, age, town and county] as a finalist of the Spirit of Community Awards, as a Youth Volunteer of the Year and/or an All Ireland Youth Volunteer; and
- to use photograph(s) and video footage including your likeness for purposes of news, publicity and advertising in connection with the Spirit of Community Awards.
By submitting an application to us for the Spirit of Community Awards and (if chosen as a finalist), you hereby agree and consent to the capture of still images (photographs) and video images of your person. You hereby accept and consent that these images may be used in a number of media, including but not limited to print, digital and electronic use by Pramerica Ireland and/or by agents or third parties authorised by Pramerica Ireland, including NAPD and GTCNI and local and national press. Pramerica Ireland may also make the image(s) available to the general public via the internet.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. We will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Disclosure of your information
Any information which you provide us in this way is not made available to any third parties unless you give your prior consent, and is used by us only in line with the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. However, we may consider it necessary to disclose personal information without your consent or without consulting you, when we believe that it is appropriate to comply with our legal obligations and/or a Court Order, to cooperate with any law enforcement agencies, to enforce this Privacy Statement, our User Agreement, our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights, to protect the security of the Website, to protect the security and safety of others, to prevent fraud, or otherwise to protect our legitimate interests and/or the legitimate interests of other users. We may also transfer your personal data on the sale, transfer or reorganisation of our business.
Newsletters and Updates
If you subscribe to our newsletter or any other e-mail updates, by submitting your e-mail address through a subscribe facility on the Website, and you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications, please access the "Unsubscribe" link that is available on all such emails. If you have any difficulty unsubscribing please contact us using the contact information provided at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Updating your personal information
[If you create a user profile on our Website you can see the subscriber personal information you’ve provided to us by accessing your “Profile” page, which gives you the option to correct or update your information at any time by just logging into your profile. Once you register, you will be able to change most of your personal information, including: name, address, school attended.
Once submitted, you cannot amend your Spirit of Community Awards application. However, if there are any inaccuracies in respect of your or another’s personal information contained in your application, please let us know through the contact details provided below and we will update or modify your application accordingly.
Requests regarding data supplied via the Website
In certain circumstances you may also request that data which you have supplied via the Website be deleted.
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of our Website, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the updated Privacy Statement here and notify our registered users by email or by means of a notice. Save for urgent changes (such as those required by law) we will post such a notice on our Website prior to the changes becoming effective. Please review the changes carefully. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you consent to and accept those changes. If you do not consent to such changes you can delete your user account and stop using the Website.
If you have any questions, requests or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us using the following information:
[Pramerica Systems Ireland, Letterkenny Office Park, Windyhall, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland]
This statement was last modified 30 July 2015